View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
flow
Brawn
Points: 1,940, Level: 26 Points: 1,940, Level: 26 Points: 1,940, Level: 26
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

flow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Actually, all three of those systems use weight progression as their number one means of progress. DC only rotates exercises when they stall, Wendler is all about sticking with an exercise and getting stronger, and Westside rotates exercises because they max it out every time they use it and therefore need to rest it. I know from my experience that if I want to increase muscle size then i have to increase the weight used for that exercise. For instance, If I want to make my legs bigger then I need to increase my squats by 100 lbs. All the other stuff like exercise rotation, varying reps, and changing routines has not led to any noticeable increase in size.
In my eyes there are 3 reason why someone stalls:

-Overreaching/Overtraining
-Diet
-Accomodation

So when you stall on an exercise, diet is in check and back cycling (deload) doesn´t work. What do you do then?
flow is offline   Reply With Quote