View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flow View Post
Like Wendlers 531 who favours point 1 or Dante Trudels DC who favours point 2. Or westside who uses both: Exercise rotation on ME day and exercise/volume/rep rotation on RE day.
Actually, all three of those systems use weight progression as their number one means of progress. DC only rotates exercises when they stall, Wendler is all about sticking with an exercise and getting stronger, and Westside rotates exercises because they max it out every time they use it and therefore need to rest it. I know from my experience that if I want to increase muscle size then i have to increase the weight used for that exercise. For instance, If I want to make my legs bigger then I need to increase my squats by 100 lbs. All the other stuff like exercise rotation, varying reps, and changing routines has not led to any noticeable increase in size.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote