View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP View Post

I remember watching Milos Sarcev on the fit show teaching bodybuilding technique. Instead of training with the elbows tucked like most of us do, he recommends you to train with the elbows flared out (very damaging to the shoulder joint) and also trains with the elbows out during overhead pressing which involves more of the anterior deltoids and less of the overall scapula.
Bodybuilding was my life for 20+ years and this was how every bodybuilder and magazine taught it. It's also probably why my shoulder health is spotty right now.

Glwanabe and I have had this conversation several times, and I don't mean to offend anyone who believes otherwise, but I simply do not believe any lifter should turn a compound movement into more of a isolation movement for the sake of "feel".

Good form is good form.

So many in this industry try to turn isolation movements into compound movements so they can use more iron, and compound movements into isolation movements by changing the lift so they can get a better "feel". I simply don't like this one bit.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 03-05-2012 at 05:07 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote