View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I think sometimes it's good to reflect and ask at the end of my life when I look back, what do I want to see?

We often invest a lot of time in things that are pointless to us. I sometimes catch myself watching TV Show X instead of playing a game with my daughters, or things of this nature. Or I plan another pointless landscaping project instead of taking my wife out to eat.

I think it helps to be proactive about the things that are important, and to limit the distractions. Make a bucket list, take safe risks, have fun. Try new things. Adventure, go on long drives, explore. Talk to strange people. Talk to women out of your reach. Do things you are afraid to do, but do them anyway.

Another thing that has changed my life was learning about selflessness and servitude. For 30 years all I cared about was what others were giving me, not what I was giving others.

Willingly serving those in need, regardless of the avenue (lifting or feeding the hungry), will fix a lot of things that are broken inside.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote