View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinbusiness View Post
Obviously the problem is diet related...not much to say here other than I need to eat more.
Well you did make good strength gains while "only" at 145. I hesitate to say only, because you were moving a good amount of weight pound for pound.

First off, great job in getting to the levels you were at in 2010. One good thing is that climbing back up the mountain will be easier this time around.

Quote:
But I still don't understand why I previously have been able to gain that much strength with basically putting no body weight on whatsoever. What can I do to make BOTH progress better going forward?
People can get pretty strong without adding a lot of weight. We have a 165 pound powerlifter here who deadlifts close to 600. Your strength gain is a testament to your dedication and consistency.

I am assuming your primary goals are muscle building, since this is in the muscle building forum. I would say that really the only thing missing from the equation for you is the addition of some extra calories per day.

This in combination with your work ethic will yield some very good progress. If you can get your bench, squat and deadlift to 300, 400 and 500 while getting your weight up to 165 to 185 I think you will be pleased with the result.

One thing that can help us help you is if you could present more information on how you generally eat when you train...what your habits are, what types of foods you eat, when you eat, that sort of thing. Once we understand your patterns and preferences hopefully we can make some minor suggestions that will make a big difference.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote