Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Training Exp: +9 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: ANIMAL PAK
MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor

I forgot to add my current statistics. I have no idea what my current lifts are since I have not trained in months, but I do know what my personal records are that were hit in May of 2011.

Bench: 310lbs
Squat: 315lbs
Deadlift: 325lbs

I am currently 5'9" and 220lbs. I hope to lose weight, build stamina and build strength. I am aware that hypertrophy is not likely during a weight loss phase, but I also know that muscle memory will be working with me and I will most likely make my gains from the past re-surface during this training. I would like to end up between 170-180lbs.

Goals: Strength, stamina, maintenance of hypertrophy. Overall increase in performance for speed, strength, power, and endurance.

AFTER this training is completed I will begin 5/3/1 or DC training.

My bodyfat % is pretty high. I'm not sure how high exactly, but it's high. I just want to get my life back here. Over the past several months I have lost my job (which was very high paying), have had problems with my marriage, quit church, and basically laid around and gained weight and bodyfat. I am currently taking 50mg of atenolol (beta blocker) for tachycardia and systolic hypertension. I'm on a "fast food diet" and my activity is probably less than a turtle.

I have a son on the way and his expected birth is May of this year. I have two months to get my job back, lose some weight, and get my strength back. Right now time is against me, but determination is greater than any excuse. I'm in the place Jim Wendler described in his 5/3/1 book.

As mentioned my goal at the moment is to just get my life back. I'm not concerned with competing in powerlifting tournaments, bodybuilding stages, ora nything like that. I am just a man trying to get his life together. I am only 22 years old right now. Embarrassing enough my wife and I are living with my parents since I quit my last job. I did maintenance work in the underground mining industry.

Anyway I'm thinking increasing my activity, confidence, strength, endurance, and decreasing my weight, bodyfat, cholesterol, blood pressure, and resting heart rate as well as getting my job back is my key to overall happiness at the moment. I'm not nearly as strong as most of you guys are on this forum, but I do plan on getting my strength back. My long term goals are....

330lb bench press, 405lb squat, 450lb deadlift, 275lb front squat, 225lb press all at around 5'9" 185lbs. I also hope to reach a 2 mile run of around 15 minutes. I hope to get a 300lb power clean, 30 rep pullup total, 75 rep push up total, 100 rep sit up total (all without rest) and just be overall functionally strong and quick.

If any of you guys would like to help provide motivation and support, I sure would appreciate it. Right now I'm too comfortable on the ground to want to get back up and move on with my life and that needs to change.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote