Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

The way I start out my cutting down is as follows. I'm sure not everyone wants to get competitive bber lean. You can't maintaint it for long anyways and to a point, getting winner lean (I don't put stage because many on stage could use 6 more weeks of cutting) is unhealthy.

1. Find Lean body mass
2. LBM x 1.25 = grams of protein per day
3. Protein grams x 4, that x 2 = daily starting cals.

Starting Carb grams are your LBM ( 1 gram carb to 1 lb LBM )

Take the "Starting daily cals" - protein cals (grams x 4 ) then - the Carbs cals ( grams x 4 ) this will leave you with the cals from fat.

Take that and divide it by 9 for the fat grams.

This is a macro 50/25/25 diet.

1 day a week I raise carbs 100 g's as a refeed and keep the metab system running.

When I stop loosing weight, I add 1 day of cardio. When I reach 3 days of 20 min cardio and I don't loose 1-2 lbs a week I leave the pro's and fats alone and drop the carbs 10g's per day across the board (including re-feeds).

Dieting ways are all subject to your age, sex, activities.

The fact of being dedicated, precise, consistent that goes for everyone.

People freak out and drop to many carbs when they stop losing. It only take a small adjustment in either cardio or a 10gram drop in carbs once you are at your starting point to start loosing again.
No need to freak out your body or take away all your adjustment cushion in one adjustment.

40-30-30 is good. I like the 50-25-25 and take advantage of the thermogenics of the proteins.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 03-01-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote