MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Kuyt, we really could be brothers in another universe! We lift damn near the same, and I gotta tell you, that's my diet almost to a T. Seriously. Only difference is I didn't do supplements and did more nuts and cheese, cottage cheese before bed, etc.

Anyway, I noticed if I eat no carbs before working out, I workout middle of the day, so a breakfast of eggs and meat, etc. Then post workout I had a reasonable amount of carbs (40g, say) along with my tuna, and a reasonable dinner along the lines you suggest, I lost serious weight.

But, I didn't get to my goal, and still haven't btw. I got within 10-15 pounds, but I'm still within 10-15 pounds a year later. Light year's stronger mind you, but still not at my goal.

I think discipline is the key as Mike and Chillen make clear, but also I am realizing balanced meals are making me happier and curbing cravings more.

So, about 400 cal meals, 5-6 times a day, all with some Protein, fat, and Carbs, about 30-30-40. Breakfast is bigger, mid morning snack lighter, (then mid-day workout), then lunch bigger, afternoon snack lighter, dinner-smaller than breakfast or lunch, and cottage cheese before bed.

That is working wonders for stabilizing my overall eating pattern. Still have some undisciplined times here or there, but I am cracking down on those one by one and will get this locked in pretty soon.

So, I guess the only thing I bring to this debate is that I think smaller balanced meals using mainly fresh foods is better.

I believe Betty Crocker said that in 1950, btw.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote