Thread: Mikes log
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #107
miked96
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 25
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
miked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
Small world!!!!! We train at a private gym. Nice place for a few guys to train, with just the basics. I have trained at White Oak High, the school I work at. Just a lot better training over there with those guys.
Awesome! I will have to look you up. I may be going back to the area in a couple of months for a short vacation. I really had a good time living there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I do deadlift grip high pulls but snatches scare me.
Give them a try some time. I am hurting all through my upper back and you dont need alot of weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Yeah, excellent work Mike!

I couldn't tell on the power snatch, but do you hook grip those? If you do, any tips? Hooking in a snatch grip has been difficult for me.
I do but I just started using straps last Saturday due to the soreness I would get in my entire hand the next day. It feels better to me to hook than to try just straight overhand. What exactly are you having problems with? I will help anyway I can.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote