Old 02-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #10
MonsterMike
Brawn
Points: 1,098, Level: 17 Points: 1,098, Level: 17 Points: 1,098, Level: 17
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
MonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good posts

I'm not overweight...but I lose (percentage wise) massive amounts of bodyweight all the time and continually get stronger.....There are plenty of training programs and diets that will work....So my plan for this person would be this: Find a training program and diet that you like and has been proven and stick with it.....stay disciplined....have the right mentality.....If you are already overweight, just changing the diet and being active will help you lose...the part about getting stronger really in my mind comes from jst having the right mentality...I know I am not being scientific here, but at the end of the day the mental aspect of training in general, for ANYTHING, is a key role....This may exclusively be my opinion, but I think a lot of people end up being overweight bc of the fact that they do not have the mentality developed to be fit or achieve any level of fitness or goal....this also obviously can create a deeper issue and I am only scratching the surface (whats their schedule? their environment? Their monetary means? ect.) on the factors that can play into a person's mentality, but again I think I would encourage just sticking to something and being consistent and try and help them develop the right mindset about their training.....again not very scientific.....but I walked around at 170...walked into a meet on meet day at 148, weighed in the day before at 137....and squatted 700....a 40lbs PR...all by following those general guidlines....obviously things vary from person to person....but having the right mindset never does!
MonsterMike is offline   Reply With Quote