Old 02-28-2012, 12:51 AM   #11
MonsterMike
Brawn
Points: 1,098, Level: 17 Points: 1,098, Level: 17 Points: 1,098, Level: 17
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
MonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Three things that might help stay tight, and possibly improve drive.

1) "Row/pull" the bar towards your chest.
2) Expand and tighten your abs. Push your gut out and keep it tight instead of sucking it in and tightening it.
3) Drive/push your hips towards your shoulder blades. This helps me stay tight, allows for better eccentrics.

All 3 of these help me. I'm no bench expert, but I would give them a shot. Perhaps someone who knows more can comment on them.

The bottom line is that they help me keep a tight overall torso and I feel more recoil/power.
Do this....also think about when you drive the bar up, that you use your legs and push yourself away from the bar...rather than pushing the bar away from you....also...as J_byrd said speed is developed over time...lots of time....try lowering the weights some and focus on moving the bar FAST...then moving up 5 pounds the next week and try to get the same feeling...I'm not sure what kind of training program you are running, but as a generic training outline, thats what I would do.
MonsterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links