Old 02-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Lower back fatigue

Less than 8 weeks to my meet and I am struggling with some lower back fatigue. Squats don't bother my back but 90% deadlifts are the making things worse right now.

2.5 to 3 months ago I hit a triple with 605. 5 weeks ago I hit a 675 raw PR.

I started to pick up lower back fatigue about 4 weeks ago. Right now I am feeling generally weaker. I did 5 singles at 605 this week and I don't think I could have safely attempted a 6th rep. This is 10 pounds lighter than the 5 singles work I was doing 3 months ago, but feeling much heavier.

Bottom line is this...if I had to compete right now I would be lucky to hit 650.

I am trying to decide how to train deads for the next 4-7 weeks. Not sure if I should drop down to 75% and just do a volume of singles, doubles or triples, or keep working at 90% but limit things to 1-2 heavy pulls per week.

I welcome all thoughts and ideas.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links