View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 03:48 AM   #3
styrkecoach
Brawn
Points: 1,557, Level: 22 Points: 1,557, Level: 22 Points: 1,557, Level: 22
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

styrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I like it.

If it's working, stick with it! I love simple set/rep schemes like that.

There are some lifts that I find extra volume to be valuable, such as pressing movements, but you seem to have that covered well.

I personally believe there should be balance between chest press, overhead press and rows for shoulder girdle long term health, but some don't do that. It's your call, mileage may vary.

As far as reps, when the 3's become easy are you adding weight across the board on all weeks?
Chins - seated rows - reversed flyes = benchpress, closegrip incline benchpress, dumbbell press.

Do you feel There is unbalance here? I was wondering to replace my dumbbellpress on back days with dumbbell rows. But really want tatt 2times a Week frequancy on my Chest and back.

When it comes down to reps, my last set on the 3's is an allout set, going for Max repetisions. If im able to do more Then 3 i increase the weight all across.
Last Week i did 8reps on what i belived to be my 3rm 4 weeks ago, so getting stronger
styrkecoach is offline   Reply With Quote