View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by styrkecoach View Post
My idea is that if im doing 5x5 i will propably be Around 75-80% 1rm, and with 4x4 Around 80-85% 1 RM and with 3x3 85-90% 1rm.
I like it.

Quote:
So far it has worked Very well, my strength and weight is going upwards. The program is easy to follow. Im eating well. So life is good

Any toughts on this program?
If it's working, stick with it! I love simple set/rep schemes like that.

There are some lifts that I find extra volume to be valuable, such as pressing movements, but you seem to have that covered well.

I personally believe there should be balance between chest press, overhead press and rows for shoulder girdle long term health, but some don't do that. It's your call, mileage may vary.

As far as reps, when the 3's become easy are you adding weight across the board on all weeks?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote