View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
styrkecoach
Brawn
Points: 1,557, Level: 22 Points: 1,557, Level: 22 Points: 1,557, Level: 22
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

styrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good posts

Good tips here.

When you compete at a meet or train paused benchpress people have a tendensy to f@ck up the concentric fase of the lift, alot to do because of the stretch reflex.
Try lowering the bar to the bottom of your chest and push the bar up against the rack.
I know dave tate isnt a fan of pushing backwards but this way i am able to move alot more weight. I feel if i push the bar straight upwards its like im hitting a wall 10cm of the chest.

To do the benchpress this way you nede to poisition yourself a littlebit lower in the bench, this makes unracking the weight troublesome.
Makesure you have a good trainingpartner That can spot you and help unracking the weight, unless you are gonna hurt your supraspinatus. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!
If you dont have a trainingpartner try unracking the bar with your hips off the bench, controll the bar, lower your hips on the bench and start the lift.
With the hips And lower torso of the bench you dont have to pull the bar so far to get it positioned.

I hope you understand my messy explanations
styrkecoach is offline   Reply With Quote