View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
styrkecoach
Brawn
Points: 1,557, Level: 22 Points: 1,557, Level: 22 Points: 1,557, Level: 22
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

styrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good posts
Default Strength training for the retarded

Been spending50 hours or so a Week working in the gym as a Personal trainer has taking my strength to an all time low.

Im putting together programs for my clients based on poliquin, prilephin and other advanced stuff.
Super sets, rest pause, drop sets and further.

Trying to practice what you preach has failed enourmus.

Trying to follow a complex periodization havent worked because i have to keep my workouts short and can train 1-2 times during the weekdays, but im training saturday and sunday.
%RM was out because i dont train at regular hours during the day and i figured out that my strength is totalt different in the morning than In the evening so % was hard to estimate.

I alwayes loved Jim wendlers simple stupid approach so i adopted alot of 531 just made it Even simplier if possible:P

Trainig four days a Week this is what i did:

Tuesday:
Deadlift - week1 5 x 5 - week2 4 x 4- week3 3 x 3 - week4 deload 3 x 5(same weight as week one)
Good mornings 5 x 10
Legpress 5 x 10

Thursday:
Benchpress - same repscheme as squats
Seated rows 5 x 10
Closegrip incline benchpress 5 x 10

Saturday:
Squat - same repscheme
Back raises 5 x 10 - 5 sec isometric hold at the top.
Bulgarian split squat 5 x 10

Sunday:
Weighted chins - same repscheme
Dumbbell Chest press 5 x 10
Reversed flyes 5 x 10

The reason im doing the repscheme on the mainlift was that i wanted to auto regulate but still follow some sort of %.
My idea is that if im doing 5x5 i will propably be Around 75-80% 1rm, and with 4x4 Around 80-85% 1 RM and with 3x3 85-90% 1rm.

So far it has worked Very well, my strength and weight is going upwards. The program is easy to follow. Im eating well. So life is good

Any toughts on this program?

Last edited by styrkecoach; 02-24-2012 at 06:28 PM.
styrkecoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links