Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

I love paused benching. It eliminates the concentric motion of the muscle, or the spring-like feeling, the burst as you say Mike. You can see this with a simple push up. Start up, then down and push. No problem. Start in the low spot and holding, then push up. It seems harder because the muscle doesn't have that kinetic energy to assist.

I tend to do a set of paused reps after each regular bench session. I like a 10 second to explosion rep. So 5 seconds to go down, very light touch, 5 second hold, absolute explosion up. Not all to lockout, so there must be some control in the explosion. I'll do 10 reps of that, supersetted with 10 speed reps. That really gives me the dead chest feeling that says I did chest today...and it feels so good.

Pausing also allows me to get a better feel for the pectoral contraction. I'll start just squeezing, and the arms and full motion just kind of follow in an upward direction.
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote