View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #521
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
107.5x1 - Shocked by the ease with which I pressed this. Next heavy bench is 2 weeks from now, hope it is as comfortable then. If it is, I will go for 110kg afterwards to see if it is a viable baseline.
Very good sign. 110 will be yours.

Quote:
Box Squat
60x5
80x5
90x5
100x5
Hmmmm... The lowest the bench goes still leaves me 4 or so inches above parallel. I pause at the bottom before doing the rep as powerfully as possible.
Is it worth continuing with this as depth is not being hit or should I use Anderson squats instead?
To be honest, I may use Andersons on squat day 3 anyway.
Either exercise is ok. A slightly higher box squat will require some explosiveness and a bit more hamstring, hips, etc.

The only caution I have with Andersons is that for some it can he hard to find a groove. I would try them and see what you think.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links