Muscletrainerdh
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,905, Level: 26 Points: 1,905, Level: 26 Points: 1,905, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: DB Step Ups.. LOL:)
Fav Supp: F.O.O.D
Muscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributor

The Iron Lady.... I love Meryl Streep. Seriously, I had a hard time beleiving it *WASN'T* Maggie Thatcher on the screen but Streep in a role. But I'm American and have never met Maggie Thatcher so, maybe those across the pond will think differently.

The movie in and of itself was pretty emotional as it shows an aging Maggie dealing with the signs of Alzheimer's and losing her place in the world. If you have aging parents, or friends and relatives that suffer from this disease, you *WILL* tear up. Her Portrayal of the symptoms is sadly amazing.

That being said, is an Oscar in the cards for Streep in this role. As much as I would like to say "YES" I saw this role as an extension of her portrayal of Julia Child in 2010's "Julie and Julia" (also a decent film).

Not sure how much of the history part of her time in power was glamorized by Hollywood and how much was spot on. And that part may seem boring to younger audiences or those who saw it from a different point of view as the events unfolded.

But I did enjoy the film.

Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.
Muscletrainerdh is offline   Reply With Quote