View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19dan89 View Post
Goals are size/strength, as usual.
Welcome to the forum Dan. Let's take a look.

Quote:
1RM:

Squat: 330
Dead: 375
Bench: 275
Solid numbers.

Quote:
The rep goal is the total of the 3 sets, so when I have reached the amount of reps between the sets I add weight, I saw someone suggested it on this forum and thought it was a great idea.
That was me. Glad you like the idea. It's always served me well.

As far as the workout, a few suggestions:

1) Wednesday bench. I would drop the bench pressing movement from Wednesday. You have 3 flat bench movements and one overhead press movement and one overhead which is a little unbalanced.

2) Squats and deadlifts. I would move split squats and squats (either way) to Monday and Friday and place deadlifts on Wednesday. This will provide a more balanced posterior chain approach.

3) Pullups. I would drop one of the pullup days and add a heavy row...dumbbell or barbell. I believe that pullups, rows and deadlifts provide a well-rounded back approach.

A note to anyone reading, the "rep goal" of 20 is not 20 reps per set, but rather a total goal of 20 reps for all 3 sets.

There are many other ways to cook an egg, as they say, so other members will have some great suggestions.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-21-2012 at 12:25 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote