Old 02-21-2012, 01:44 AM   #5
MonsterMike
Brawn
Points: 1,098, Level: 17 Points: 1,098, Level: 17 Points: 1,098, Level: 17
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
MonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
I know we have quite a few geared lifters here, so I am looking for some advice. I have been encouraged at the gym to get some briefs for overload training and to keep my hips healthier. I do not plan to use them all the time but sometimes. I think Louis Simmons says everyone should wear briefs for hip health.

Here is what I would like to know:

What is a good set of starter briefs?

What size would I be if I am around 6' and close to 220, but will probably lose some weight after my meet?

Shot in the dark here: Does anyone have a set of old briefs they would like to sell to me?

Thanks in advance for the advice!
The best set of starter briefs you can get would be some used ones....I would check powerlitingwatch.com classifieds and start their....If you are only using them for hip health and training, they dont have to be crazy tight, snug is good...Although they are expensive, one set that I really like for training is the Titan Centurion Boxer briefs (get the boxer briefs bc they have the leg)....they are only single ply, but they can give you alot back and are easy to use, they are really great briefs....also, you might want to try going to EFS and getting some Metal Pro briefs...they are not as stout as the ACE and have a fairly easy groove to learn....I do not personally have a lot of experience with INZER, but you could call them and see what they reccomend...as far as sizing, in Titan you would be around 44-46, leaning more towards 46...in Metal I would guess around a 44-48, sometimes metal is difficult to size, but if you call directly to EFS, they have great customer service....I would sell you mine, but they would not fit (I'm around 160lbs!) sorry! Best of luck! message me if you have anymore questions.
MonsterMike is offline   Reply With Quote