The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Don't remember if it was T-Nation or EFS, but one of them had an article on dreamfields pasta. Seems more and more people are checking it out, which makes me happy, because maybe it will be carried at more grocery stores.

I've officially started the cut now, topping out at 272 Sunday morning. I don't really want to cut, but I feel that I've been gaining too much fat and I'm getting sloppy with my diet. Aiming to be back at 240 by June. Rather than drop calories too far, I'm going to be manipulating my blood sugar and insulin levels to keep fat as the primary fuel, which means no whey for me for a while, it spikes my blood sugar almost as effectively as orange juice, even when mixed with milk.

Food has been good, sunday I had a great Caesar Salad and tonight was taco salad, but I brought it down to 12 oz of meat instead of 16. Breakfasts are unchanged.

Part of what brought this on was low blood sugar after eating at a restaurant on Saturday. The big influx of carbs after nachos and a chimichanga spiked my insulin hard and brought my blood sugar down to around 50 before I got it going back up. I then promptly devoured 2 large pizzas and some hotwings to mark the end of the bulk.

After 2 days of under 20g usable carbs a day, my self control is returning and I feel better all over. I want to get the fat off as quickly as possible without losing much muscle so I can begin another bulk in the early summer when its easier to feast on grilled meat than it is during the dead of winter, when pizza and dark beer call my name once the sun goes down at 5 PM.