View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #20
flow
Brawn
Points: 1,940, Level: 26 Points: 1,940, Level: 26 Points: 1,940, Level: 26
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

flow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
my trainer changes my routines weekly. its not about the routine as much as your effort doing whatever lift you are doing.
If it works for you then do it-but I would suggest that a weekly change (it depends how big the change is,or what kind of change) could be too much.

Adaption is not a bad thing-its a good one. Its that what we want.
If the body is always stressed with a different stimulus to what should it adapt to? There is no consistency. How you measure progress then?

I made this experience with the HLM template. What I did was to train for example shoulders light and chest heavy. Next session Shoulders heavy and chest light and so on.
I stalled from the beginning. I only progress if all exercises are done heavy/medium or light on one specific day.
Mixing them up seems to confuse my CNS to which direction my body should adapt to.
flow is offline   Reply With Quote