Old 02-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Combining top-end work with volume I imagine being fairly difficult, I'm liking where you're coming from with the combination of HAF (heavy as ****) singles equipped along with reps with a lower percentage, although, at least from my experience, I'd be tempted to up the percentage or make sure you do a whole bunch of sets (like the 10 you said) - depending on how you feel, etc.

If you want it to be a volume day then you need some real brutal numbers, at least from what my experience with Smolov told me. Like I said, be that either from 7-10 or so sets of 5, or 75-85% depending on how insane you're feeling. For example, if I did 5s using 85% of my 1RM (240) then that's only 205kg, which I know I could do with ease - I've done 215kg for example.

If you want to do this day using something slightly Smolov-esque than it has to be brutal, insane, and make you collapse to the floor in exhaustion and excitement at finishing when you're done - as it did often for me!

I'm not really the guy to ask when it comes to progression or cycling or whatnot, I suck at that stuff, I just know how to lift heavy shit basically and the ins and outs of specific training styles and ideals. Which is essentially why I want to do C&P.

Going to start tomorrow trying some singles with 230kg on both squat and deadlift. BIG.