Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
Great job on getting into the 900 club!

The routine looks pretty good, can't wait to see your progress.
Thanks mate! It feels goods. Just a few hundred pounds behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Interesting routine. I've copied it and saved it as Kuyt's Killer 6 day. If you survive and thrive, I will try it out one of these rotations.

Funny, but if I were making an over the top routine to bring up my particular weakness, which is my back, this routine seems perfect as it hammers your back and would perhaps be perfect for me. You, however, already have a pretty damn strong back, it's your press that arguably needs more work. You have a fair amount of pressing, but not as much as you are pulling and squatting.

Just a thought. Obviously, it depends on your particular body responses. If only two of six days for heavy pressing emphasis works best for you to bring up your press, then there you go. Done deal.

Just saying, you're already a good deadlifter, but does this routine do enough to bring up your relatively "weaker" lifts, is what I'm wondering.

Seriously, I'm obviously not an expert at anything. And no disrepect meant at all, just thinking out loud about a very interesting routine that I intend to try some day, and wondering if my thoughts are helpful for you.

Crush it! Looking forward to where this takes you.
No Mike, by all means, all thoughts are welcome

I actually believe that my deadlift can be so much better. My off the floor strength is quite good and since I have actually focused on the lift for the first time in my life, it has gone up around 35kg in 6 months, only half of this time was spent doing heavy singles.
My CGBP will also be testing so that's 2.5 heavy pressing days
I also consider my squat to be extremely weak and this will be addressed.

Many experienced lifters suggest that pull should outweight push by 3:2
I'm actually confident that my bench will go up towards the 130kg mark by the year's end, 107.5kg feels comfortable now. A 2.5kg increase per month would comfortably meet that goal by the end of 2012. A 100kg push press is not out of the question either.

Last edited by Kuytrider; 02-19-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote