View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSlam View Post
I have seen this and it still confuses me a bit. So on Dynamic the whole point is speed and 8 sets of 50-55% of your 1RM if I read it right. Max Effort is 3 sets 90-100% 1RM.
Dynamic effort is about speed. Usually it is in waves of:

--Week 1 - 50%
--Week 2 - 55%
--Week 3 - 60%

...but these are merely general guidelines. First and foremost you want all reps to maintain speed. So whatever you do for dynamic work, you want to make sure you never are doing speed work when your speed has slowed. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Guys will also add bands and chains to speed work, so those percentages are merely guidelines.

Max effort I believe is working up to a max rep for that day on a lift. They lifts are variations on the main lift that have carry over to the main lift. So for deadlift it could be rack deads, or RDLs or good mornings or box squats.

There are indications that training a movement pattern longer than 3 weeks might result in a stall. The Westside conjugate method has no maxing out on a single lift no longer than 3 weeks. I believe for advanced lifters they swap every week.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-18-2012 at 06:26 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote