View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Emeka Okammor diet

I usually keep my dieting very simple. My diet is, what I have found through evolution, what works best for me. I’ve done 3 shows and 4 preps. Each prep I try to learn something that can be added to my next prep to make it slightly better. Prep is hard enough, the last thing I need is difficulty in nailing my diet day to day. I’ve found carb cycling to work best for me and it is also easy for me to stay on track.

My basic cycle is:
  • 5 low days – 140g
  • 1 high day – 320g
  • 1 lowest day – 60g

Protein is a constant 280g and healthy fats are a constant 40 grams.

My fat intake has been questioned on various equations but I’ve played with healthy fat intake quite often and I have seen it have no to low effects on my body. So I figured why should I add more for “theory” sake? 20-30 grams has been my sweet spot for healthy fat intake.

My carb intake has also raised question as people often ask me “Only 140g?” or “320g is what you call a high day?” And the answer to those question is yes and yes. I am a carb sensitive individual. I can ride by Krispy Kreme and if that light is on I’ll gain a pound or 2! Lol! Very little carbs go a long way for me and once again no need for me to diet based on “theory” rather than based on my actually bodily ability.

During this prep I plan to take a chance on going for something a little different than my basic carb cycle. It’s taking a chance because not only is it not a popular theory but I’ve never tried it so I have idea what the end result will be. Exciting! Lol!

I heard fellow teammate, Kim “Swole” Williams, discuss the theory of “Grow into the Show” during one of his vblogs for his last show. Now this theory is that you increase carb intake as you get closer to the show. That way you stay fuller, energized, and tighter throughout your prep.

Now there probably many many ways to go about using this theory but since I am a carb cycler then I will implement this into my dieting style. This is how I plan to unfold my diet for this prep:

8 weeks
  • 5 low days – 140g
  • 1 high day – 320g
  • 1 lowest day – 60g

6 weeks
  • 5 low days – 180g
  • 1 high day – 320g
  • 1 lowest day – 60g

4 weeks
  • 5 low days – 180g
  • 2 high days – 320g
  • 1 lowest day – 60g

This covers the entire course of my 18 wk prep for the Southern USAs May 11-12.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-16-2012 at 07:40 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote