Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Good post Mike, as usual your thinking on this is very similar to mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked96 View Post
1)The best movements will usually mimic the pattern of the main lift. Heres a few:
Bench:boards, close grip, wide grip, floor press
Squat: box squats, pause squats, reverse band squats,SSB
Deadlift:box pulls, deficits, stiff leg deads, RDL
Couple more to add to that list:

Squat:

Partial Squats of various heights. I've found this approach to work quite well, what has been called Anderson Squats. Taking a partial Squat weight and working it down the rack through the various heights.

Arched GMs. For me, GMs are very comparable to Squats. If my GM is moving up, inevitably my Squat will too. Brilliant exercise, absolutely has to be a part of my routine. Take the same stance as your Squats, but with toes pointing ahead rather than out.

Bench:

Slingshot work. Not really a seperate exercise but this piece of kit is amazing, a must for every trainee at some point. It allows more volume, with less shoulder strain. More overload of the triceps, and pulls the elbows in towards the body maintaining correct form and reinforcing the correct path.

Deadlift:

Partial Deads. Similar to Partial Squats I like to vary the heights here. For example, working upto heavy weights in the 18inch Deadlift, then moving down to 15inch and down again to 12inch works very, very well. An 18inch Deadlift might not necessarily help your pull off the floor, but it does help your 15inch pull Then you work it down.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote