View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I am the rest pause Jedi:

Quote:
Sets. For a given exercise, pick a weight that you can perform 8-10 reps with. Without training to failure, do as many reps as you can, then rack the weight. Take 10-15 slow, deep breaths, grip the weight, and do more reps. (Again, lifting SHY of failure) Keep repeating this cycle until you hit 20 total reps for that set. There is no need to go beyond 20 reps, but if you still have gas in the tank on your last mini-set, by all means go over the 20 rep total. Thatís it. Simple. Effective. And ball-busting.
This is for a 5 set protocol. You rest about 30 seconds between each mini-set. When you hit 20 reps for these 5 sets, you add weight the next week.

For a 7 set structure I use, and recommended to T-bone, the following rest periods:

30, 30, 60, 60, 90 and 120 seconds

One exercise per bodypart is enough to induce some great DOMS. It is a muscle building technique that doesn't involve a lot of time.

You could do your strength moves and then a rest pause exercise. I don't use them for squats or deads though. For back I use rows.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote