BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Just my 2 cents... I would suggest if you like to add a bit of bodybuilding style flair try some rest-pause sets. They provide a huge bang for the buck. You can do 5 mini-sets in a few minutes and the DOMS beat down is incredible. Gaspers and Tbone are doing some of this right now.
I saw this post yesterday and started kicking myself in the arse. This is an excellent suggestion. i didn't even think about using a technique like rest pause. I could have taken the opportunity to do rest pause or even something like GVT. I have the next 2 days off from the gym, so I'm going to do some homework on rest pause routines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Hey Josh, nice work there. Nice to see someone humble enough to know when things don't work as expected and learn from it. [In case that doesn't come across right, it is not a back-handed compliment. ]

As for the rest/pause sets, I do like them. You get really solid lifting in a short time. Wouldn't be a bad idea to try them out. I use 7 sets, with 30-30-60-60-90-120 seconds rest between.
Thanks T-bone. Didn't take it as back handed at all. I'm going to take a close look at what you're doing and maybe do a bit of research on my own. By any chance do you have any good links to some rest pause routines?

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote