View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #12
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Doggcrapp
Fav Exercise: Choking the Chicken
Fav Supp: Vodka and loose Women
BigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Just my 2 cents... I would suggest if you like to add a bit of bodybuilding style flair try some rest-pause sets. They provide a huge bang for the buck. You can do 5 mini-sets in a few minutes and the DOMS beat down is incredible. Gaspers and Tbone are doing some of this right now.
I saw this post yesterday and started kicking myself in the arse. This is an excellent suggestion. i didn't even think about using a technique like rest pause. I could have taken the opportunity to do rest pause or even something like GVT. I have the next 2 days off from the gym, so I'm going to do some homework on rest pause routines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Hey Josh, nice work there. Nice to see someone humble enough to know when things don't work as expected and learn from it. [In case that doesn't come across right, it is not a back-handed compliment. ]

As for the rest/pause sets, I do like them. You get really solid lifting in a short time. Wouldn't be a bad idea to try them out. I use 7 sets, with 30-30-60-60-90-120 seconds rest between.
Thanks T-bone. Didn't take it as back handed at all. I'm going to take a close look at what you're doing and maybe do a bit of research on my own. By any chance do you have any good links to some rest pause routines?

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote