View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
A quote from Dr. Ken along the same lines...

One such man was an advanced trainee (in the sense that he had been training a number of years and had won a number of local physique titles). However, he was missing a certain athletic quality, a harmonious look. My brother put the finger on it when he observed, "He looks like a bunch of bodyparts pasted together. He's all there, big and all, but the total picture looks awkward-no grace, no glow, no..." The point had been made.
Glwanabe and I have talked about this topic, and I think it's a good one. The power/strength moves seem to create a naturally more balanced and eye-appealing physique. It's hard to describe but there is a certain physique harmony, flow and better overall aesthetics.

When I attend a natural bodybuilding show I can almost instantly tell who uses squats and deadlifts (and maybe even other power moves like dips). More than half the physiques on stage at a local show don't look strong or athletic. They lack that spark that says powerful, healthy and strong. Truth be told, a lot of them look frail and weak.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-14-2012 at 10:57 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote