View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Is that a joke, or is it true? I so want it to be true.
So he says:

Quote:
In the Winter of 2002 I was hospitalized with Anorexia at the Toronto Sick Kids Hospital. Many factors come to play as to why I ended up in the hospital.

In short, a year prior to my hospitalization everyone in my family had health issues, including me. I ended up using food as a form of control to forget about the negativity that was happening and the stress/pressure of getting into university. I landed up in the hospital at a weight of 120lbs and my heart not being able to keep up with me. Had I gone to the hospital a day later, I may not have been here today.

After leaving the hospital on my own account, clearly not ready yet, I struggled with gaining and liking life, but slowly but surely through the help of friends and internet forums like bodybuilding.com I was able to start gaining and getting a more positive outlook on life. As I began to eat normally and started seeing body composition changes, I began to have more confidence. I actually stared to help others after a year or two with their problems, and people were referring to me as an inspiration

Years of training made me smarter, stronger and I took my body to a state that I can finally say I am pleased with. I learned many lessons and made many mistakes along the way, but it has made me better inside and out today. Recently I picked up on CrossFit training and as a result I have never been stronger with everything I do.

Now for the ironic part of my story…the part that has made me one of the world greatest eaters today.

In the early part of 2007 a few of my buddies and me went out to a breakfast pub

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote