View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
However, I don't think natural = good, artificial = bad.
I didn't say that. I said:

Quote:
the move from a natural diet to a processed diet
A natural diet is a diet consisting mostly of unprocessed foods free of known unhealthy additives. A process diet is the average diet of people I know, filled with processed crap and junk.

The point I was making, and have made several times previously in similar threads, is that there are known processed foods and additives that are not good. We all know what these are, and agree that they are bad. Sugar, white flour, high fructose corn syrup, MSG and all it's variations, etc.

These ingredients, oils and additives are extremely over-consumed by the average person. Most every family member I have over-consumes them and eats a very minimal amount of unprocessed fruits, veggies and meats.

I will stand firmly by my point...the move to a diet filled with known unhealthy processed ingredients and additives is at the root cause of most of society's modern health issues. Perhaps a handful of these are better than I suspect, but I think it's safe to say that the vast majority are utter trash.

Fritos, Coke, nuggets, mac and cheese and boxed dinners are not good for us. This is what the average person eats in my world.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote