Old 02-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #29
ehubbard
Raw/Multiply Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
ehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Thanks Ehubbard, the last thing you said about finding the balance struck me. I'm feeling much, much better now after lifting in the gear for a while. Injuries are clearing up etc. So perhaps re-introducing some moderate raw work now may be a good option. If I introduce it as assistance rather than the main focus my sets/reps will reflect that and perhaps I'll avoid some of the aches and pains I used to get when it was my focus and avoid potentially bigger problems of imbalances that may arise from a poor raw base.

Thanks.
Thats the right approach I think. Pause squats for triples or fives, or something like that after your geared squat work. I would probably avoid box squatting as the sole assistance work in the squat, but you could throw them in. Bench I would do some boards with a 5-10 rep scheme. Speed bench usually causes shoulder issues with me so I try and avoid that, unless I solely focus on speed on the concentric.
ehubbard is offline   Reply With Quote