Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
I forgot that more advanced lifters tolerate higher volume/percentage a lot less than intermediates/noobs. I think it was Dave Tate who said that elite lifters would be killed trying to emulate the 80% of 1RM achieveable by a relative newcomer in terms of reps so yeah, 60-70 would be much smarter!
Yeah, there is that. 80% for me really would be right on the bone. I'll be starting lighter though, to ease myself into it. I need to keep up with the rest of the weekly pressing as well, so I'll be doing myself a favour if I work in slowly.

Quote:
One of the lads here mentioned that he saw Donnie Thompson warm up with 700 raw for squats like most guys warm up with 135! Clearly, his raw strength is phenomenal and it must be because he trained it along with the gear. At least that's what makes sense!
Yeah that's awesome. No doubt he wouldn't be able to Squat what he does equipped if he couldn't Squat that much raw.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote