Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Glad you popped in buddy, your thoughts? I can't recall, did you ever use gear?

I think for me that probably would be a bit high, you'd be more inured toward using 80% on a regular basis than I would. I was thinking more along the lines of 60-70, especially with all the rest of the stuff I'll be doing.
I forgot that more advanced lifters tolerate higher volume/percentage a lot less than intermediates/noobs. I think it was Dave Tate who said that elite lifters would be killed trying to emulate the 80% of 1RM achieveable by a relative newcomer in terms of reps so yeah, 60-70 would be much smarter!
One of the lads here mentioned that he saw Donnie Thompson warm up with 700 raw for squats like most guys warm up with 135! Clearly, his raw strength is phenomenal and it must be because he trained it along with the gear. At least that's what makes sense!
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote