Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn
Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member

1) Am I inviting more injury down the line if I'm not supporting my ever increasing top end strength with raw work? Sure I feel better now, but when I begin to push really heavy weights Squats/Deads of 300kg and Benches of over 200kg, will I then see different types of injury from not having the right raw base to support those lifts?

Yes, in my humble opinion I believe that you will set yourself up for an injury (weak hips, glutes, etc) which is why I feel that even if you are a geared lifter you need to train RAW to bring up those problematic areas. Per my chat with Donnie Thompson and Steve, we bounced around this topic here recently for me being a RAW lifter training in gear. DT and BTB both agreed with the notion that it will strengthen me (CNS especially) thus allowing me to handle heavier loads RAW, but I still needed to remember to work my RAW training to not only be healthy in the long run, but to correct any imbalances. Fazc, I think the missing link between GEAR and RAW is really imbalances that arise...Anyone care to chime in on that thought please do!
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
http://www.stronglife610.org
Mr.Silverback is online now   Reply With Quote