Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
However, from what I do understand about gear, I think it would leave the oppurtunity open for possible underdevelopment in some areas. And because of this, I almost would consider gear like supplements - use it for its convenience, but don't base everything you do around it and try to make it your solution. (Just an opinion)
Yes! I agree. The reason I got to thinking about this was a recent question Ltl posed. I gave the answer which applied to me 6 months ago 'I use gear, cos im beat up'. But then I realised I'm not beat up any longer. Actually I feel fine! So without that hang up, I may now be able to concentrate on the future. Basing everything I do on either suits/shirts/slingshots/briefs may have a detrimental effect on my future development. Or worse, am I setting myself up for more and potentially worse injuries?

Can I really expect to be Squatting 300kg when my raw squat isn't much over 220kg? I'm not sure, perhaps I can or perhaps not.

Quote:
I would shoot this question to the owners of SSPT and see what there thoughts are. Supreme Sports Performance & Training I've emailed them questions in the past and they're always happy to answer them. I've also trained at this gym with these guys, and their gym is nothing more than a group of absolute beasts. They are extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of lifting and I trust their advice/opinions.
That's awesome man, much appreciated!
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote