Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Glad you popped in buddy, your thoughts? I can't recall, did you ever use gear?
Nope, I've always lifted raw, and I've never even considered ever using gear - I'm just in the thread to learn because I like to expand my knowledge, even things that aren't applicable for me. And my deadlift and squat aren't even remotely impressive or mastered enough to require assistance. On top of that, I don't even use the belt that I bought myself years ago.

However, from what I do understand about gear, I think it would leave the oppurtunity open for possible underdevelopment in some areas. And because of this, I almost would consider gear like supplements - use it for its convenience, but don't base everything you do around it and try to make it your solution. (Just an opinion)

I would shoot this question to the owners of SSPT and see what their thoughts are. Supreme Sports Performance & Training I've emailed them questions in the past and they're always happy to answer them. I've also trained at this gym with these guys, and their gym is nothing more than a group of absolute beasts. They are extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of lifting and I trust their advice/opinions. Their credentials are on that site, for those who care.

Last edited by Shadowschmadow; 02-07-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Shadowschmadow is offline   Reply With Quote