Originally Posted by Fazc
Top five regrets of the dying | Life and style | guardian.co.uk
A nurse has recorded the most common regrets of the dying, and among the top ones is 'I wish I hadn't worked so hard'. What would your biggest regret be if this was your last day of life?
1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Very interesting thread topic Faz.
If I am being honest, I'd say numbers 4 + 5 are still on my 'to do' list though I do try and keep in touch with those I consider friends. I currently wish I worked harder and expressing feelings and living the life I want are not issues, that's for sure!
Other than the above, I would seriously regret not seeing more of the world and really hope I get the chance to do so.
I would also regret not finishing my damned novel!
I'd also regret not outlifting Steve