View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 04:09 AM   #17
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
So you're not allowed move your head at all during the bench? I did not know that. Great work Mark. Well over the 1000 pounds mark. Target 500kg+ next time.
i guess i found out the hard way
yes, will be looking for well over 500 at the next one , i have no doubt ill get it to with the help from all at MAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
Great job mark, you made those deadlifts look easy. Sorry to hear about the bench press, missing a lift can really get into your head. You had almost the exact squat attempts as my last meet.
yeah , it was a good learning experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
Awesome work mate, and congratulations on competing in your first meet. That's a huge step that many people don't take.

Watching the video, those bench calls are harsh, your head bobs up for about half a second on the descent, but not on the press, I would've passed you. Also, the amount of time you had to touch for was pretty ridiculous. Still, great work mate.

Oh, and it sounds like that's Wim Beckelant (sp?) on the PA - he's a HUGE Belgian dude, was it him?
thanks Hazz , was delighted to get a chance to compete. It was also nice that there was a good few first time lifters there along with me so I wasn’t alone!

I had practiced pausing for 2/3 seconds so wasn’t too worried about the length of the pause,

Yeah that was the fella alright – nice guy too , was talking with him for a few minutes early in the day. You are right , he is huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Wow Mark - your first meet and you really did great. You now know what to expect and can build on that. Man o man, your competitive future is very bright mate. I am 100% inspired now to compete. I'm sure I will also have a few things go wrong, but it all good for the leaning experience.

Once again, many conggrats and I also am very proud of you. Big respect.
many thanks Jim - looking back on the day , i think you should definately do a meet if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Very, very harsh call on that second Bench.
appreciate you looking in Fazc , didn’t get to chat with Mark Lane as you suggested by PM but did end up talking with a guy called John Ryan , not sure if you ever met him ? he’s the national record holder in the 82.5kg class and has done 232.5kg squat . he was really helpful on the day with loads of pointers for me.

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote