Thread: My First Meet
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
Saturday was my first meet.

it was the IDFPA 2012 Single Lifts
First off, congratulations on your first meet! I'm sure it's an experience you will never forget.

Quote:
Squat

did the following
140kg - good
155kg - good
165kg - fail

disappointed i didnt get the 165kg , had done 160kg before as in my log , in hindsight should have lifted the 160kg for my third attempt
I think you made a good decision. Someone, maybe Ltl, told me that I should make the last attempt a bit aggressive. 165 looked close. Maybe 1-2 pounds difference and you might have had it.

Quote:
Bench

did the following
120kg - good
130kg - fail , moved my head on the bench
132.5kg - fail

what should have been my best event ended up my worst, the head movement really played on my mind going into the third lift and was concentrating so much on that i forgot about the rest of the lift. should have really got it out
I went through the same head issues at my meet. I was warned on my first attempt and it messed up my next 2 attempts. 130 looked solid though.

Quote:
Deadlift

did the following
160kg - good
175kg - good
190kg - good , new PR
Nice! Looked virtually effortless.

That's for the update and again congratulations.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote