BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
Crushing work big guy
Thanks for the encouragement Kuytrider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Great lifting Big J - and many gratz on the RDL PR of 295

Perhaps a powerlifting routine, since you obviously love moving heavy ass iron and to bring that squat up to where you would like it to be.
Thanks Squatter! I appreciate the encouragement.
I am going to stay in the realm of a powerlifting routine. Because you said it best, I love moving heavy ass iron!!! However it is also important to me to make muscle mass gains.
So while strength and power is priority, looking strong is also a goal. So I guess any routine I do will have a "PowerBuilding" approach to it.
Big but boring has peaked my interest as of late.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Well, instead of looking at wholesale changes, add some things. Tweak some things. Take the things you know are working and perhaps remodel them
Steve, thanks for being so supportive and so helpful. I really appreciate it.
With your help and the help of some others, this routine has been successful beyond my expectations. Not only that, but I have learned a lot from you guys as of late. And this is the reason while I am hesitant to change things up completely.
Having said that, my gut is telling me it's time to make a change. 5/3/1 has really peaked my interest for a few different reasons. I think I want to give it a few months. Probably spring into summer.
However, I do not expect 5/3/1 to be or think it is the end all be all. And I am more than just a little interested in eventually getting back to "non-coventional/less than popular" power building methods such as the ones we merely started to touch on while I was running this routine.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote