muscle_g
Max Brawn
Points: 7,814, Level: 59 Points: 7,814, Level: 59 Points: 7,814, Level: 59
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: lifting since 12yrs old
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squats, Bench, Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Vitamins/Minerals
muscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Well done!

Good luck in 2012! Looking forward to your geared work.

I've heard various answers to this, but am curious for your take on geared lifting and raw as you seem to have done a lot of both and apparently still do both in competition. Do you think one helps the other?
Yes I really feel that building alot of raw strength carries over to geared strength. Alot of people will disagree with me but raw work is what really builds strength. But you also have to practice alot in your gear to be strong in it as well. The more you use the gear the better you will get in it.

If I aint training for a meet I do 2 raw weeks and 1 geared week. If I'm getting ready for a geared meet I am in my gear in some way or form every week. Raw meet it's totally raw for the entire training cycle.

Best Lifts
625/450/500 Geared
405/315/475 Raw

Training log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16621
muscle_g is offline   Reply With Quote