Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuse2 View Post
I was raised as southern baptist. My mom is methodist. I kinda practiced both. In my early 20' I started to believe more like a Messianic. Now I just do the right thing, Teach my daughters proper morals and hope that what I have done is enough.
Yep. You, me, and the late Reggie White. What Would Jesus Do? Something Jewish, no doubt.

I was brought up in a non-denominational/charismatic church. About the time I started exercising some independance, my parents started going to a small Baptist church. In my mid-20's, I experienced a return to my early upbringing, and became quite involved in a charismatic church. I married a Methodist girl, but somehow convinced her to attend my charismatic church. Then, as is typical in those kinds of congregations, some congregational upheaval caused us to leave. We church shopped for a few years, but never gave up on those charismatic teachings.

To cut to the chase, I had a pastor challenge me in those teachings. I decided to make a concerted point of Bible study to build a case for "getting rich quick," living by the Spirit, and speaking in tongues. Not only was I struck down by the Word of God, but my eyes were opened to exactly how anti-biblical (and anti-Christ) the teachings of the modern "Christian" church are. I learned that the Bible is a continuous story with no distinction between the Old and New Testaments, although I had been taught that the Old way failed, and the New way was better. No! The Old set the stage (was an example) of the New. Jesus was not the first "Christian," but rather He was the consummate Jew. He taught us to live according to Moses with the compassion that the Father had intended.

Now, since there is no Messianic congregation in my town (the closest is 80 miles away), we do our best to 1) Observe God's Holy days (weekly sabbath, Passover, Yom Kippur, etc), 2) Observe God's food laws (no pork, shelfish, etc.) 3) Live morally separate from the world, while 4) Living compassionately connected to the world.

My rant ends.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote