View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITman_mark71 View Post
My wife and I had this discussion last night. Most of us and our friends were raised in a religion but no longer practice that religion. This seems commonplace for couples without children or couples under 30.

Were you raised in a religion?
Did you practive that religion in your 20's?
Did you go back to a religion after you had kids?

I don't want to start a holy war, but I am curious if anyone else shares the same experiences.
Well, once upon a time, I actually used to pray regularly. My parents wer not and are not deeply religious although they isnt exactly atheists.

So,
a) I wasnt exactly deeply raised in religion
b) Still in 20s, but no, I have not been practicing religion in my 20s. Forget the last time I ever went to a temple to pray.
c) Lol, yet to have kids, but I strongly suspect I wont go back to religion once I have kids.

Truth is, at some point in my early teens, I realized that the idea of god may have some merit (which is why, despite not being religious I am no atheist). However, around the same time I also realized no matter how religious you are and how regularly you practice your religion, what really cuts it is what you end up doing. Praying is good for moral strength, but really, all the praying doesnt help unless we work hard and do what we think is right according to our conscience.

And really, to act according to your conscience, one need not be well-versed in religion at all. That's what I like the best.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote