View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #22
miked96
Max Brawn

miked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master member

I will stop after this one but I asked JM what other exercises he did other than the bench and lockout day. Here is his answer:

The truth is, I didn’t do much other than bench on Sunday and triceps on wed. at the Westside. I would catch an occasional back workout consisting of wide and very narrow pulldowns, as well as some biceps from time to time. Other bodyparts were catch-as-catch-can and although I probably did average hitting every bodypart every two weeks, I never did any CONSISTENT TRAINING on them …but rather a brief but intense workout as time and my body would allow. But whats funny is they grew anyway! I really think people can overtrain, and by that I mean they do too much working out and not enough WORKING!! I would hit it hard but might miss ten or twelve days between getting back to that bodypart and still remained balanced in my physique. That’s another lesson for quality over quantity! I think recovery is the untapped secret of training. If the intensity is high enough, its really the recovery phase of training that is the magic. But only if the loads and efforts are above a certain (very high ) level. Hope this helps, jm
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote