Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast
Default Too Much Pre-workout

I posted this in my log, but I thought it deserved a thread. I want to see everyones thoughts on this subject. What are your feelings on too much stimulants?

I am starting to see a common theme in my training. When I take less pre-workout I have better workouts. I feel much stronger and the heavier weights feel light.

Tonight I took maybe 1/2 scoop of k-otic and felt very strong on floor press. I was handling 325 with no spotter and no lift off. Over the last couple of months I have noticed that I feel very strong on deload workouts. And those are the weeks when I take less pre-workout. It has nothing to do with the actual product or brand I think I just take too much.

My nerves get crazy, and I feel less solid. Like saturday, I felt uncomfortable with 415 on my back because I was shaky. Probably too much stimulants. And I have noticed on my max weeks of juggernaut I have crappy workouts. This is when I am taking a full serving of pre workout, and I get really jacked up but do not really perform that great.

Moral of the story, I need to cut back on my pre workout stimulants. I think stimulants help a lot for high reps and long workouts. But when using max weight, they can make me feel shaky. The experiment will continue, tomorrow I am going to do speed squats and deads with only 1/2 scoop of k-otic and see how I feel. I may lessen the dose even more on thursday.

Does any one else have this same feeling?