Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Unlucky mate. Why do you guys not just ask the judge what the problem was when you get red-lighted?

That's common practice here in any competition I've been in the UK. I got red-lighted on the bench today, quickly asked the head judge, he said "arse off bench". Done, no problems.
I did ask they said the knee-lock unlock thing, but I couldn't find anything about that in the rule book and to give background on the story we had 2 sessions, 7am to 3pm and 3pm to 9+pm, I was in the latter, so by the time the deadlifts came around I don't even know if the judges (who where there for the deadlifts) were qualified they most likely were gym rat, I hang around powerlifting meets and go to a powerlifter gym but never lifted a decent weight in my life lay abouts.

I know one of the judges in that fed (who had left after the benchs) and he said he was upset with the inconsistencies and the discrepancies of the judges not being on the same page. I showed Gene Rychlak my video and he said well its not that they want to take lifts away from lifters, but they are going to be strict on the judging, which meant he ran out of judges so he needs them to be there is happy they helped out and isn't going to challenge them because their are just too many lifters and lifts done in the day.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote